Research Administration Manager
Plans, organizes, directs and/or controls all aspects of a college/school/department/program for sponsored projects including pre- and post-award management, compliance, contract negotiation, budgeting and disbursement, and monitoring and evaluation.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Advises faculty on long-term financial viability of department/center given multiple grants and contracts from various sources with differing project end dates.
- Interprets regulations and guidelines of multiple programs funding with complex and broad guidelines for spending.
- Responsible for preparing, interpreting, negotiating and accepting agreements for projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations and other public and private sources.
- Advises the Principal Investigator on the most effective way to achieve an effective, quality proposal and coordinates a timely submission process, ensuring appropriate approvals.
- Manages the review of grant and contract awards terms and conditions.
- May supervise research administration support staff for a defined unit or project.
- Reviews proposals for compliance with sponsor and University terms and rules, and review, negotiation and acceptance of resulting grant awards.
- Participates in the negotiation with grant and contracting officers to substantiate budget requests and to secure terms and conditions, which are consistent with policy.
- Confer with investigators and campus administrators to ensure that changes or corrections are made as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in grant and contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.