Research Administrator I
Provide administrative support within a college/school/department/program for sponsored projects. Identify problems and all relevant issues, assess each using standard procedures, follows established procedures and protocols. This includes meeting general reporting requirements, internal checks and balances, and regulatory guidelines.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Participates in program and administrative planning to include grant research, preparation and submission.
- Coordinates the participation of faculty in programs to include approval processes, identification of potential funding sources, and budget development and reporting.
- Works with principal investigators and grants director to ensure all program activities are developed and delivered.
- Coordinates program reporting and compliance efforts for use in evaluation of programs.
- Collects and tracks grant annual reporting
- Provides pre-award support which includes reviewing requests for proposal (RFP) and identifying the specific requirements and policies are met while ensuring the policies are within or consistent with those of UF; prepares accurate budgets for each proposal
- Reviews and/or approves grant related fiscal transactions; prepares and requests budget transfers, verifying all expenditures are allowable and allocable to sponsored awards, assisting with project close-out.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.