Research Administrator II
Coordinate projects within a college/school/department/program for sponsored projects in accordance with University and sponsor regulations and provide policy and procedure interpretation to academic departments and assist in preparation of reports to federal and sponsoring agencies.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for post-award accounting of grants and contracts.
- Reads and interprets contracts and other award documents to determine budget, invoicing schedule, restrictions and other pertinent information.
- Provides technical assistance to PI, research administrators and the director.
- Interacts with sponsors and staff to resolve problems and correct errors in fund management.
- Provides pre-award support which includes reviewing requests for proposal (RFP) and identifying the specific requirements and policies are met while ensuring the policies are within or consistent with those of UF; prepares accurate budgets for each proposal
- Processes invoices and provides Principal Investigator with reports of grants and contracts to ensure expenses are being paid according to contract.
- Analyzes expenses, develops cost projections, and provides financial tracking and fiscal control to fulfill reporting requirements.
- Ensures collection of revenue through accurate presentation of invoices.
- Provides basic accounts payable support and control for sponsored projects.
- Monitors final reporting requirements.
- Assists with the development, management, authorization and transmittal of proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies.
- Reviews grant and contract award terms and conditions and participates in the negotiations of terms.
- Assists administrative staff and faculty in assessing funding opportunities.
- Reviews proposals for compliance with sponsor and University terms and rules, and review, negotiation and acceptance of resulting grant awards.
- Participates in the negotiation with grant and contracting officers to substantiate budget requests and to secure terms and conditions, which are consistent with policy.
- Confer with investigators and campus administrators to ensure that changes or corrections are made as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in grant and contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.