Residency/Fellowship Program Assistant
Provide administrative and operational support to the residency/clinical fellowship program(s). Identify and resolve issues of limited scope within own work area using guidelines and standards
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Review and evaluate applications for completeness; compile recruitment information, distribute applications, notify applicants of decisions for interview.
- Compile reports using knowledge of residency software. Enter rank order list, maintain residency matching, resident wish list.
- Maintain confidential resident/fellowship files and monitor records of resident/fellow attendance for all required educational activities, including conferences and other didactic experiences.
- Track work hours, resident activities and schedules; Maintain, update and distribute resident rotation, vacation and leave schedules in electronic systems. Verify trainees’ status and activities as needed.
- Monitor and document the residency/clinical fellowship evaluation process.
- Communicate regularly with residents/fellows and faculty regarding the daily activities, such as conference and grand rounds announcements.
- Provides administrative support to program director including scheduling of student meetings, preparations of agenda, recording and maintain meeting minutes, and development of reports.
- Assist with planning departmental annual events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, faculty retreats, as well as various meetings and program-related events.
- Order office supplies, complete resident reimbursements and performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
Does not normally supervise
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.