Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator I
Administer and support the operations of the residency/clinical fellowship program(s), which may include multiple subspecialties. Establish program activities, prioritize program-related tasks and ensure that important deadlines are communicated and met.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversee daily activities of the residency/clinical fellowship program. Organize and prioritize the activities of the resident/clinical fellows; monitor work progress status and ensure compliance with deadlines.
- Serve as contact person for the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and program guidelines. Troubleshoot discrepancies and determine appropriate corrective actions to be taken. Collaborate in the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and standards, and communicate associated changes. Identify and report compliance issues and assist in correcting situations resulting in duty hour violations.
- Manage, monitor and document the residency/clinical fellowship and faculty evaluation process. Manage materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exam.
- Develop, distribute and update the resident rotation, vacation and leave schedules in electronic systems according to duty hour requirements with oversight of the program director and/or his/her designee(s). Ensure that the corresponding institutions where the residents are rotating are administering the bills accurately.
- Perform all residency match responsibilities and correspond with newly matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to the hospitals. Ensure all interns are credentialed before starting any rotation. In applicable programs, assist with quota review and rank list entry and certification.
- Maintain the residency curriculum, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and each level of training.
- Maintain recruitment database and oversee the application processes during the residency recruitment season.
- Provide both administrative supervision and support to residents. Act as a liaison between residents and hospital administration when necessary. Establish relationships and act as a liaison to other hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, annual program affiliation agreements, and external rotations.
- May assist in program-level policy development and the development of the strategic planning of the residency program and monitor the budget for various residency activities.
- Plan departmental annual events, organizes meetings, assist in the preparation for Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Site Visits and internal reviews. Develop brochures, invitations, or advertisements for events/lectures.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
May supervise support staff.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.