Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator II
Oversee program management and administration of a large and/or complex residency/clinical fellowship program(s) with multiple subspecialties as well as the subspecialty training of a department. Responsible for the planning and execution of the educational mission in a residency/clinical fellowship program. Develop and implement procedures and policies.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Collaborate with program leaders to develop and present long-term strategies to ensure the viability, growth and enhancement of programs. Identify, develop and implement policies and procedures to comply with residency and accreditation guidelines and provide guidance on changing regulations and institutional policies. Formulate qualitative analysis of program effectiveness.
- Develop, expand and implement educational initiatives for residents. Provide recommendations for enhancements, facilitate the training evaluation process, coordinate and manage resident education.
- Participate in the development of residency curriculum, design and develop course content tied to milestones and specific measurable knowledge, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and level of training. Develop and deliver evaluation metrics.
- Lead the department preparation for internal and external program reviews; ensure timely completion of rotation and curriculum evaluations, residency case logs and entry into electronic databases.
- Assist in development and maintenance of faculty advisor program for review of evaluations, career planning and research monitoring, review monthly evaluations/reports for Program Director.
- Oversee recruitment databases, analyze data and make recommendations for enhancements, development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Monitor and manage annual program budget, review expenses, secure resources and funding.
- Serve on selected committees, represent program at local and national meetings.
- Provide leadership direction to assigned staff in program area; supervise department fellowship coordinators of subspecialty fellowship programs.
- May hire, orient, and provide ongoing training and direct supervision to residency/clinical fellowship staff. Assign work tasks, provide daily supervision of these tasks; provide verbal and written evaluation of work performance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience coordinating educational programs, accredited residency and/or fellowship programs; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
May supervise residency/clinical fellowship staff.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.