Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator III
Lead the program management and administration of a large and/or complex residency/clinical fellowship program(s) with multiple subspecialties as well as the subspecialty training of a department. Responsible for the planning and execution of the educational mission in a residency/clinical fellowship program(s). Develop and implement procedures and policies. Supervise, train, and provide oversight of coordinators of residency/fellowship program(s).
Examples of Work
- Develop and present long-term strategies to ensure the viability, growth and enhancement of programs. Identify, develop and implement policies and procedures to comply with residency and accreditation guidelines and provide guidance on changing regulations and institutional policies. Formulate qualitative analysis of program effectiveness.
- Develop, expand and implement educational initiatives for residents. Provide recommendations for enhancements, facilitate the training evaluation process, and manage resident education.
- Develop residency curriculum and course content tied to milestones and specific measurable knowledge, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and level of training. Develop and deliver evaluation metrics.
- Lead the department preparation for internal and external program reviews; ensure timely completion of rotation and curriculum evaluations, residency case logs and entry into electronic databases.
- Oversight of the recruitment databases, analyze data and make recommendations for enhancements, development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Monitor and manage annual program budget, review expenses, secure resources and funding.
- Hire, onboard, and provide ongoing training and supervision to residency/clinical fellowship staff.
- Serve on selected committees, represent program at local and national meetings.
- Provide start-up support for new programs and scholarly activities including mentoring program.
- Assist with residents/fellows recruitment, onboarding, and graduation.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience coordinating educational programs, accredited residency and/or fellowship programs; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position will have supervisory responsibilities of residency/clinical fellowship staff.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.