Revenue Cycle Analyst
Working with senior administrators, carry out projects and analyses of clinical, research, and teaching missions, utilizing available university, college, and departmental business systems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a member of the analysis team and uses the systems of University’s financial systems, the University/hospital/practice plan’s business processes, professional billing and revenue cycle, grant management, course reporting, clinical wRVU generation, and human resources: prepares, explains and presents reports using these systems, data and concepts.
- Completes forecasting models for new initiatives, identifying areas of opportunity for the department and individual divisions; analyzes existing business lines, and make recommendations from the output.
- Serves as the project manager for specific projects identified and prioritized by senior administrators.
- Determines project timelines and required resources, meet critical deadlines to ensure completion on time, and report back regularly on project status and next steps.
- Provides administrative support related to facility and contingency planning for office and labs space, as well as data and property.
- May problem solve space issues and implement departmental leadership space assignment changes and new policies.
- Monitors the effectiveness of ongoing programs and recommends and/or initiates changes that facilitate effective administration of the unit.
- Sets up procedural protocols to ensure best practice business operations.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.