Senior Claims Examiner
Positions are responsible for identification, investigation, management and resolution of covered claims against entities protected by the Self-Insurance Program as well as loss prevention or reduction activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates the management and resolution of covered claims, including denial, settlement or defense.
- Collaborates with litigation staff on transition of claims with legal interest.
- Performs intake, entry, and evaluation of reported incidents and potential claims.
- Conducts investigations of claims at various University locations, evaluates for potential liability, and makes recommendations based on established protocols.
- Negotiates claims settlements within authorized amounts.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets relevant statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Communicates regularly with faculty, administrators, boards, committees, and external governing bodies.
- Coordinates the provision of comprehensive risk management services and serves as a resource for covered entities.
- Develops and delivers loss prevention and educational programs.
- Identifies potential risks and opportunities for loss reduction.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and ten years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.