Positions are responsible for managing and administering Self-Insurance Program data, preparing regulatory reports, reviewing SIP coverage applications, and issuing insurance certificates and renewals.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and compiles reports regarding claims, professional liability exposure, and loss prevention.
- Facilitates end-user training on database software.
- Prepares actuarial submissions, reinsurance applications, exposure and loss and other reports.
- Coordinates with auditors, insurance brokers, and reinsurance claims auditors.
- Obtains, reviews, and compiles exposure data.
- Provides liability exposure review of liability questionnaires for coverage.
- Issues certificates of insurance and other documents in support of operations and services.
- Obtains or provides claims histories and credentialing data.
- Evaluates possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
- May mentor, train or serve as lead for other underwriting staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.