Sterile Equipment Technician
Responsible for sterilizing, preparing, and distributing medical equipment and in a hospital or medical lab setting, or biomedical research setting.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Maintain necessary supply levels in sterile storage areas.
- Operate and monitor steam autoclaves, sonic washers, and other sterilizing equipment.
- Clean sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares, inspects, and assembles trays or packages of items for sterilization.
- Record sterilizer test results.
- Stock and inventory crash carts
- Collects, cleans, and disinfects patient care equipment, laboratory equipment, surgical instruments, tools, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Responsible for proper packaging, sealing and return delivery.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.