Systems Security Professional I
This entry level technical role is responsible for identifying and detecting security incidents and security weaknesses across UFs computing infrastructure and for receiving, reviewing, and responding to computer security incident reports. This position works on tasks of low complexity with immediate supervision required.
Examples of Work
Job Functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the identification and assessment of current and emerging threats to UFs computing infrastructure.
- Assists in the identification, monitoring, and protection of UF data in use, UF data in motion, and UF data at rest.
- Assists in the coordination, collection, and retention of audit data necessary to support technical analysis in support of public records and/or litigation requests.
- Assists in the execution of the incident management plan in response to security incidents and service requests.
- Involved in the full security systems life cycle; designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software, quality assurance, testing, deployment.
- Contributes to the metrics goals and objectives for the monitoring and incident management programs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Immediate supervision required.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.