Writes and edits technical documentation, user manuals and sales and training literature.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Write and proofread manuscripts for technical, educational and or scholarly publications.
- Prepare materials that conform to specific editorial style and accommodate target audiences.
- Update and rewrite curriculum style guides on an ongoing basis for clarity and logic.
- Develops paper-based and electronic documents and content for system or program documentation. Writes and edits training programs and materials.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or personnel
- Read journals and other material to become familiar with technologies and production methods
- Reviews, edits, and enhances existing documentation or content of user manuals, web-pages and other delivery media.
- Participates in preparing sales and marketing literature; assists in writing, editing and proofreading technical proposals and reports.
- Participates in the conversion of existing documentation to alternative delivery media. Applies relevant quality, regulatory standards and best practice for readability.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.