Technology Licensing Officer
Reports to Director or other appropriate administrator in the management of one or more aspects of a Technology Licensing unit and/or function. This position is generally responsible for the management of a segment of a technology licensing department or a major function. Responsible for the ongoing liaison with inventors and attorneys to coordinate patent strategy and licensing opportunities. The primary duty is the management of technology cases and associated intellectual property. This position reports to a Assistant/Associate Vice President, Director, or other appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for assisting the director in the management of technology licensing. Serves as a liaison with inventors, patent attorneys, companies, and other stakeholders to implement the University’s technology licensing strategy. Identifies potential licenses, negotiates agreements, and implements policies and procedures governing intellectual property rights.
- Participates in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs and activities comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and four years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.