Telecommunications Specialist I
Positions install telecommunications equipment and design voice installations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs communications lines and equipment.
- Designs building layouts and termination points.
- Calibrates test equipment.
- Programs digital switch through administrative access port.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- Installs fiber optics and coaxial cable.
- Works with video signals and equipment.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Performs work under general supervision.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.