Positions contribute to underwriting activities for the Self-Insurance Program, such as compiling data, drafting regulatory reports and reviewing SIP coverage applications.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Compiles and verifies data regarding claims, professional liability exposure, and loss prevention.
- Drafts or assists in preparation of actuarial submissions, reinsurance applications, exposure and loss and other reports.
- Communicates with auditors, insurance brokers, and reinsurance claims auditors.
- Provides liability exposure review of liability questionnaires for coverage.
- Obtains or provides claims histories and credentialing data.
- Evaluates possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.