Positions perform various administrative or general tasks in support of underwriting activities for the Self-Insurance Program.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Reviews and verifies data regarding claims, professional liability exposure, and loss prevention.
- Collects materials used for actuarial submissions, reinsurance applications, exposure and loss and other reports.
- Responds to inquiries and seeks assistance from underwriting analysts as needed.
- Communicates with auditors, insurance brokers, and reinsurance claims auditors.
- Processes and files SIP documents.
- Assists analysts in obtaining claims histories and verifying credentialing data.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.