Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Client Services Liaison
Provide professional customer service and administrative support in the receipt and distribution of lab specimens and their subsequent reports to clients, students, and clinicians.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Processing Internal Sample Submissions: Receive, verify proper paperwork submitted, deliver samples to appropriate lab.
- Processing External Sample Submissions: Open packages, verify paperwork & account for samples submitted, check for viability, create CS account as needed, accession & deliver to appropriate lab.
- Shipping & Handling: Prepare lab submissions for shipment to referral labs
Accounting Support: Invoicing, payment processing, shipping invoice reconciliation.
- Transcription Support: Log in samples, set up formats, transcription and distribution of reports, preparation of & labeling tissue cassettes and slides.
- Clerical Support: Data entry, scanning/uploading records, pulling/filing slides & blocks, electronic records distribution (fax, email, etc.) order & inventory office supplies.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and one year of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years or clerical, business office and customer service experience.
Licensure and Certification
Received: Detailed and precise supervision from supervisors or higher ranking technicians. Instructions are both written and oral. Minimal supervision is required but supervisor is normally available for advice and consultation.
Exercised: May provide general instruction and guidance to veterinary students, technicians and clinicians as required in the submission of lab samples.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.