Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Client Services Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates lab client liaison customer and administrative support of the Veterinary Diagnostic Labs in the receipt and distribution of lab specimens and their subsequent reports to clients, students, and clinicians.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Prepares input and manages expenditures of department operating budget.
- Recruits, hires, trains and manages lab liaison personnel.
- Oversees processing of all sample submissions including shipping and receiving of outside lab submissions.
- Provides accounting support by managing department invoicing, payment processing, and shipping invoice reconciliation.
- Manages clerical support including but not limited to data entry, scanning/uploading records, pulling/filing slides & blocks, electronic records distribution (fax, email, etc.) order & inventory office supplies.
- Serves as a working manager by actively participating and performing client services duties on a regular basis.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of clerical, business office and customer service experience.
Licensure and Certification
Received: Receives general instructions and directions. Detailed and precise instruction is outlined in service protocols and procedures. Direction is outcome based. Meets regularly with supervisor to review performance, procedures, policies, and goals.
Exercised: Provides general instruction and guidance to lab liaison staff in the performance of their duties; provides general instruction and guidance to veterinary students, technicians and clinicians as required in the submission and processing of lab samples.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.