Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Quality Manager
The Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Quality Manager is expected to oversee the control systems necessary to ensure that information generated by the Laboratory is generated in accordance with AAVLD guidelines. Incumbent will serve as point person for all laboratory quality assurance issues. This individual is expected to work independently of faculty input for routine matters.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Implements and maintains a comprehensive quality assurance/quality control program including preparing and distributing blind samples, ordering and distributing quarterly quality control standards.
- Continuously reviews and updates the Laboratory’s Quality Manual.
- Continuously reviews and updates the Laboratory SOP’s.
- Serves as Safety Officer for UFVH Diagnostic Labs.
- Reviews all quality control data and prepares quarterly compliance reports for submittal to the Laboratory Manager.
- Conducts the annual internal quality system audit and prepares the annual report which is submitted to the Director of Diagnostic Labs.
- Assists analysts in trouble shooting quality assurance/quality control problems and making appropriate corrections to their systems.
- Train lab managers and technicians on regulatory and safety issues.
- Follows all written work instructions as approved by the QA/QC program in compliance with AAVLD guidelines.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science or equivalent/comparable science degree and two years of Quality Assurance experience.
Licensure and Certification
Received: Detailed and precise instructions as outlined in service protocols and procedure. Minimal supervision is required but supervisor is normally available for advice and consultation.
Exercised: This position has direct input into the direction and development of all issues concerning the effective running of the department by daily interaction with both internal and external contacts.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.