Veterinary Hospital Anesthesiology Technician Assistant
Provide support and assistance to the Anesthesia Service clinicians and technicians in the delivery of their services to patients of the University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals. These patients include but are not limited to dogs, cats, domestics, exotics, horses, ruminants and other large animals.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist veterinary technicians in performing basic non-invasive treatments on patients.
- Provide handling and restraint of patients as directed.
- Maintain a clean/sanitary and functionally organized clinical service area in accordance with hospital protocols and Bio-Security directives including laundry, inventory maintenance and replenishing stock.
- Monitor, record and report physical signs of patients as requested.
- Perform maintenance service checks and minor repairs to assigned equipment and notify Anesthesia Service Manager of any equipment or facilities in need of repair.
- Assist with patient admissions and discharges, collect payments/deposits, capture and input fees for materials and services; scan medical records.
- Assist with management of supplies and stocking anesthesia service work areas.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience providing clerical and/or facility maintenance support.
Licensure and Certification
Received: Detailed and precise supervision from clinicians, supervisors or higher ranking technicians. Instructions are both written and oral.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.