Serve as first point of contact when owners and their pets enter the hospital. Provide a welcoming and friendly environment for everyone entering the building. Check in patients and ensure they are seen in a timely fashion. Perform other clerical duties necessary for hospital operations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Greets clients in a pleasant, informative and professional manner creating a warm, friendly, and welcoming environment.
- Checks-in patients, assembles paperwork, and contacts the appropriate service to notify them that their patients have arrived.
- Enters client data, ensure all information is accurate, and obtains appropriate signatures.
- Helps create accurate, timely medical records by verifying charges, scanning paperwork, attaching medical records, and processing pharmacy refills and pet food orders.
- Offers clients assistance as needed whenever possible.
- Contributes to a strong team environment by helping co-workers.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure and Certification
Works under direct supervision. Does not supervise others.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.