Responsible for visual storytelling; Humanizes the voice of the University of Florida brand and showcasing the university’s unique qualities through highly engaging and thought-provoking video content.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conceptualizes, storyboards and produces high quality and creative multimedia content that supports the brand identity of the University of Florida.
- Edits and color grades projects using non-linear editing software.
- Transports equipment and/or travels to locations via state or personal vehicle for assignments.
- Keeps current with industry trends, practices and technology to create fresh, exciting, and contemporary content and makes recommendations for the visual style and tone of projects.
- Regularly updates online video library to provide visual resources to campus.
- Organizes and maintains digital video server archives.
- Tests and researches new equipment, video techniques and trends in visual communications and makes recommendations for visual style and tone of projects.
- Maintains regular inventories of all video equipment and supplies.
- Conducts routine equipment maintenance.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.