Knowledge of and ability to implement confidential investigation and resolution processes concerning harassment complaints.
Explains the relevance of HR law to the organization and the industry.
Summarizes problem reporting, use of proper escalation and other basics of investigation.
Locates standard investigative process guidelines.
Applies appropriate confidentiality and the sense of urgency in confidential investigations.
Analyzes potential harassment situations using a fact-finding model.
Produces accurate and appropriately detailed documentation to support confidential investigations.
Follows proper protocols and informs others of potential outcomes on a 'need-to-know' basis.
Diagnoses situations or conditions involving potential legal implications and risks.
Assists a more experienced investigator in complicated investigations.
Develops a system to monitor and track complaint outcomes and report trends.
Recommends remedies to reduce the level of complaints made to the organization.
Advises on alternative actions used to solve issues and meet legal requirements.
Collaborates on operational aspects of monitoring and adhering to legal requirements.
Leads investigations and directs efforts to train less experienced staff members.
Delivers comprehensive guidelines on the confidential investigation process.
Designs confidential investigation processes, coursework, and communications.
Develops proactive awareness strategies to reduce complaint activity.
Revises organizational complaint procedures and training designs based on evolving laws and regulations in key government agencies and legislatures.
Directs policies and influences HR legal compliance and practice within the organization.
Promotes the popularization of legal issues and implications in the organization.
Leads discussions on the theoretical background of trends and systemic causes for change in complaint activity levels.
- Tell me about your experience in confidential investigations.
- How do you prevent the need for confidential investigations?
- How did you reach conclusions when there was very little evidence available in a confidential investigation?
- What kinds of difficulties or problems have you encountered when conducting a confidential investigation?
- What kind of influences did you exert on your organization's HR legal compliance and practice upon implementing standard confidential investigation processes?