Title IX Investigator
This position ensures that the university’s employment practices comply with the university’s Equal Opportunity in Employment (EEO) regulations and policies, as well as federal, state, and local non-discrimination laws. Investigates employee allegations of discrimination and retaliation.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Interprets and communicates university regulations, policies and procedures, and applicable federal/state employment laws. Ensure that the application of the university’s employment practices give equal opportunity without regard to ,but no limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- Advises management in the application of the university’s disciplinary and performance management procedures where a violation of the university EEO program has occurred. Investigates disciplinary actions, including but not limited to, interviewing witnesses and reviewing pertinent materials. Recommends, prepares, and as appropriate assists in the administration of corrective actions.
- Coordinates employee complaints and grievance procedures in cases where a violation of the university EEO program is alleged. Advises management in the resolution of employee complaints by conducting investigations, interrupting university regulations and collective bargaining agreements. Formulates and recommends to management actions to resolve employee complaints and grievances.
- May serve as a Deputy Title IX Officer.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position oversees the EEO investigation process and may serve as the investigation team leader when multiple individuals are involved in the investigation.
- Office Support Tools
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Workforce Diversity Management
- Employee Contract Regulations Compliance
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- HR Legal And Regulatory Environment
- Confidential Investigations
- HR Operations
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.