HR Legal And Regulatory Environment
Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and ability to advise on laws and regulations affecting HR practices.
Identifies the relevance of HR law to the organization and the industry.
Supports the organization's policies and procedures governing legal issues.
Compiles additional information regarding relevant legal issues.
Identifies professional publications and associations for human resources management.
Implements and ensures adherence to a specific aspect of legislation.
Explains a specific HR policy or practice and relates it to a specific law or regulation.
Answers queries on work-related aspects not covered by legislation.
Follows locally relevant laws and policies governing HR issues.
Assesses situations or conditions with potential legal implications.
Develops a variety of programs relevant to HR laws or regulations.
Advises on federal, state or local laws and applies them to the organization.
Evaluates the organization's experiences and practices with associated legal ramifications.
Monitors costs and the operational aspects of legal requirements.
Facilitates compliance with regulatory and management reporting requirements.
Anticipates and implements solutions to existing and potential legal problems.
Leads the designing, implementing and monitoring of a full spectrum of organizational HR programs.
Develops policies, strategies and best practices for HR management.
Forecasts laws and regulation changes in key government agencies and legislatures.
Shapes policies that influence HR legal compliance and practice within the organization.
Represents the organization in legal proceedings related to HR issues.
Generalizes industry experiences with all major legal issues and relates them to own organization.
- Can you tell me about a time when you needed to draw upon your knowledge of federal legislation?
- Tell me about a time when you realized that your organization was non-compliant with a particular HR regulation. How did you resolve this problem?
- Tell me about any experience you have in evaluating the organization's practices and associated legal ramifications.
- Describe a specific HR policy or practice and relate it to a specific law or regulation.
- How has HR-related legislation impacted your job or your organization?