Immigration Specialist II
This position provides professional support in the implementation of the university’s immigration programs. This position provides support in matters related to students, teaching faculty, research scholars and staff in the United States on both immigrant and non-immigrant visa statuses, and advises the university community regarding immigration regulations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Collaborates with university counsel, administrative and academic units, state and federal agencies, to sponsor foreign nationals in order to ensure successful outcomes. Works with external immigration vendors to coordinate petitions.
- Reviews and evaluates information included on nonimmigrant petitions for the applicable statuses before their submission to USCIS for adjudication.
- Advises faculty, staff, administrators, and international students regarding federal regulations, policies and procedures, related to immigration matters.
- Updates and proposes process improvements to immigration policies and procedures.
- Communicates and interprets human resources policies and procedures for managers and employees.
- Performs complex data analysis, prepares reports and/or presentations for management. Monitors the effectiveness of human resources policies and recommends revisions or modification to meet the needs of the university.
- May provide training and development services to increase workforce competence, employee engagement, or organizational capability.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
- Service Excellence
- Organizational Governance
- Office Support Tools
- Project Administration
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- HR International Environment
- HR Legal And Regulatory Environment
- Employee Relocation & Expatriate Management
- Employment Law
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.