Knowledge of the processes, customs, policies, and rules affecting the way the organization is administered and controlled; ability to ensure compliance with same.
Names individuals responsible for organization's governance.
Describes the purpose, role, and function of governance in own organization.
Discusses implications of recent changes to governance policies and activities.
Provides information related to organizational governance guidelines to others.
Participates in reviewing compliance with governance policies and guidelines.
Identifies and avoids actual or apparent conflicts of interest.
Describes the roles and responsibilities of the board of directors and senior executives.
Reviews financial information for compliance with statutory and ethical obligations.
Provides frequent updates on operations and financial performance to upper management.
Describes experiences in the development of governance policies or practices.
Ensures clear and timely disclosure of relevant business performance data to all stakeholders.
Complies with codes of ethics that benefit the overall good of all constituents.
Implements procedures to verify and safeguard the integrity of all financial reporting.
Ensures that internal business practices mirror industry-standard best practices.
Fully discloses compensation arrangements for CEO, board members and senior executives.
Leads the organization toward higher standards for governance practices.
Proves that business processes are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Describes how business strategies and tactics relate to stated vision and mission.
Establishes policies that protect the rights and enable equitable treatment of shareholders.
Promotes organizational values that promote ethical and responsible decision making.
Participates in the National Association of Corporate Directors or similar organizations.
- Describe the role governance played in your last organization and what you expect it to play in this one.
- To what extent were you responsible for maintaining corporate compliance with established policies or guidelines?
- Tell me how your organization developed its corporate code of ethics.
- If you come across a conflict of interest with the organization, how would you go about handling this?
- What types of procedures do you follow to ensure the integrity of an organization's financial reporting?