HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
Knowledge of and ability to uphold the organization’s and industry’s standards, procedures and policies regarding human resources management.
Compiles a list of standards, procedures and policies for human resources related practices.
Identifies the key elements of human resources policies.
Obtains documentation and information on human resources standards and their usage.
Seeks sources of information for relevant standards and procedures.
Maintains a specific set of standards and associated HR procedures.
Analyzes policy and standards documentation and ensures organizational compliance.
Provides feedback for the improvement of HR procedures.
Assists in the development and implementation of specific procedures.
Communicates and refers potential exceptions upward for review and approval.
Monitors organizational compliance of HR policies, standards and procedures.
Advises on existing and evolving standards and procedures and their impact on HR operations.
Evaluates the impact of standards and policies across functional specialties.
Manages change and helps organization adjust to unforeseen HR issues that arise.
Collaborates with other functions in establishing and documenting joint standards.
Directs the development of organizational policies and practices.
Consults on public and private sector HR standards and impacts on the organization.
Plays a leadership role in developing policies and standards for a major functional area.
Develops and implements effective cross-functional standards.
Promotes communication vehicles for informing new policies and procedures to personnel.
Leads organizational and functional adherence to procedures and policies.
Designs and negotiates guidelines for policies and standards.
- Tell me about a time when an established HR policy did not support the organization's business strategy.
- In what ways have you contributed to the human resources policy development process?
- How has organizational policies, standards and procedures impacted the operations of your HR function?
- Tell me about a time when you had to use your judgment or discretion with respect to an organizational policy.
- What problems have you encountered in designing HR policies?