Learning & Organizational Development Specialist I
This position is responsible for the design, development, and facilitation of leadership and management development programs. Working with members of the university community, this position assesses the leadership related training needs of the target audience, serves as a training liaison between subject matter experts (SMEs) and technical experts to identify training delivery needs and develop appropriate training to address the needs of the target audience. This position also serves as an internal organizational development consultant for departments and leaders across campus—including strategic planning, change management, organizational assessments, and retreat facilitation.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops appropriate classroom and technology-based training to meet organization and individual needs.
- Interviews subject matter experts or conducts other research to develop instructional content.
- Provides analytical support for the design and development of training curricula, learning strategies, educational policies, or courseware standards.
- Develops and designs learning aids including, but not limited to, instructional guides and web simulations to assist in the transfer of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training materials to ensure objectives are accomplished.
- Presents and facilitates workshops on an ongoing basis to help faculty and staff maximize leadership qualities and cultivate new strengths. Participates and facilities that the university’s formal leadership programs.
- Meets with OD stakeholders to determine needs and outcomes and design appropriate OD interventions.
- Participates and facilitates in organization development initiatives including change management, strategic planning, and assessments.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Effective Presentations
- Internal Resource Coordination
- Presentation Software
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Talent Management
- Adult Learning: Theory And Practice
- Competency-Based Training And Development
- Training Solution Development
- Training Evaluation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.