Competency-Based Training And Development
Knowledge of training and development processes, tools and techniques; ability to design and implement competency-based Training and Development (T&D) programs.
Identifies the key issues, benefits and considerations of implementing competency-based training.
Collects information on basic concepts of competency-based training.
Documents examples of competency analysis in organizational training processes.
Identifies challenges of competency-based T&D and seeks solutions.
Researches effective techniques of competency-based training and development.
Assists with implementing competency-based T&D programs for the organization.
Reports the results of an individual competency gap analysis.
Assists employees in creating individual competency development plans.
Explains to others how learning or training events are related to competency and proficiency levels.
Oversees junior staff in the implementation of competency-based T&D programs for individuals, teams and departments.
Consults on the standard process of creating individual competency development plans.
Interprets operational considerations in implementing competency-based T&D.
Formulates an organizational gap analysis and competency distribution reporting system.
Decides target training investments based on the results of departmental or organizational gap analyses.
Coaches others on creating quantifiable objectives for closing gaps.
Mentors others on using competency-based T&D for a variety of audiences.
Designs and implements assessment instruments to help determine actual competencies.
Predicts industry and marketplace trends and developments in competency-based training.
Establishes baseline benchmarks and measures improvement between assessments.
Leads discussions on the theoretical background and understanding of competency-based T&D.
Plays leadership role in defining strategies and best practices for competency-based training.
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of competency-based training and development?
- Tell me about your experience with competency-based training and development programs.
- How did your organization measure the gaps in employee competencies? How did they reconcile these gaps?
- What kinds of problems did you encounter in the delivery of competency-based T&D courses to audiences of different levels and backgrounds?
- How did your organization monitor the use of competency-based training and development programs? How often were these programs monitored? What else do you think they "could have looked at?"