Education/Training Specialist II
Positions provide advanced training and development services for the benefit of individual or organizational performance.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assesses training needs, using surveys, interviews, or focus groups.
- Consults with faculty or management on instructional needs or learning/training technology.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training programs, applying best practice models and learning theory.
- Collaborates with instructional designers, faculty, or subject matter experts on program development and design.
- Evaluates training effectiveness and achievement of learning outcomes and recommends changes or adjustments as needed.
- Analyzes and evaluates external training resources, including software packages, instructional guides, and instructors, with consideration for cost, impact, and suitability.
- Develops program or course budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Provides coaching for individuals or groups on select topics.
- Maintains knowledge of current practices and trends in the training/learning/development field.
- Researches new methods, evaluates relevance to the organization, and proposes utilization when appropriate.
- Conducts training for trainers or serves as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- May take the lead on new initiatives or serve as subject matter expert on particular courses or techniques.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Presentations
- Effective Communications
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Delivery
- Active Learning
- Training And Development
- Competency-Based Training And Development
- Training Operations
- Training Program Administration
- Training Evaluation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.