IT Training Specialist
Under general direction, responsible for the creation and delivery of training and development programs to all levels of end-users and IT professionals. The incumbent in this position will be involved in training needs assessment and training vendor selection, where appropriate. This person works closely with all IT units to understand training needs and to develop and implement appropriate programs. Assesses potential client needs and applies adult learning principles to develop training programs; develops and implements curricula as needed; develops documentation and training materials; creates online just-in-time online training resources including digital paper, audio, and video training, for workstation and mobile access.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Involved in training needs assessment process and vendor selection.
- Works closely with both IT and business to understand system and training needs for applications and packages supported.
- Develops documentation for custom applications and packaged applications, using a variety of mediums as needed.
- Designs training programs, classes, workshops, and Computer based Training (CBT) and on-line help.
- Delivers training to a variety of audiences, understanding and applying adult learning principles.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Competency-Based Training And Development
- IT Industry: Trends & Directions
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Knowledge Management
- Relationship Management
- Training And Development
- Training Delivery
- Training Evaluation
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Program Development
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.