Human Resources Assistant
This position performs a variety of routine tasks to facilitate all functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, employee relations, processing and records, benefits, leave, training, and recruitment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in recruitment and staffing, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, organizational development and training.
- Processes and human resources related transactions to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Explains and answers questions regarding routine policies or procedures.
- Provides administrative support for the human resources related functions.
- Serves as a liaison between college/administrative unit personnel and human resources.
- May assist with other general office or fiscal activities including but not limited to greeting visitors, answering phone and email requests, and processing expense or travel requests.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Effective Communications
- HR Operations
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Service Excellence
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- General Computer Competencies
- Information Capture
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Organizational Development Issues And Practices
- Core Application Systems
- Analytical Thinking
- Payroll Administration
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.