Employment Specialist I
This position provides support in the implementation of university employment processes which may include assisting in sourcing, pre-employment screening, and onboarding procedures.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving personnel related transactions which may including, but is not limited to, hires, job edits, terminations, and additional payment requests.
- Assists in the coordination of recruitment and staffing programs and providing advice and guidance related to the employment programs and electronic personnel forms (ePAF) procedures.
- Provides customer service by ensuring that employment processes are managed in a professional manner and are consistent with university policy.
- Conducts the pre-employment screening processing including employment verification, health assessments, and background checks.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) , HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Workforce Diversity Management
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- HR Trends And Direction
- Business Ethics
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.