Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
Explains the rationale and importance of basic business ethics.
Gives examples of proper and improper behavior.
Provides copies of organizational code of ethics upon request.
Recognizes ethical requirements within own area of responsibility.
Participates in resolving issues involving business ethics.
Describes several types of issues covered by organizational code of ethics.
Documents the ethical considerations involved in carrying out business activities.
Describes potential rewards of ethical behavior and consequences of unethical behavior.
Follows procedures for reporting violations, investigating breaches and taking disciplinary actions.
Deals with a variety of potential ethical conflicts in various business situations.
Participates in investigating, documenting, and addressing allegedly unethical behavior.
Monitors and controls specific ethical issues such as speculative activity or sexual harassment.
Resolves legal and business consequences of a breach of ethics.
Uses local, state, and federal legislation and guidelines for managing business conduct.
Applies policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with ethical code.
Designs, implements, communicates, and manages ethical policies on a global level.
Explains the role of ethics in international business, citing examples of relevant laws.
Updates and maintains organizational code of ethics and associated policies.
Creates mechanisms that encourage attention to ethical issues in all business activities.
Counsels senior management on the ethics implications of Sarbanes-Oxley.
Leads discussions on historical and future perspective of domestic and global business ethics.
- In your opinion, is there ever a time when unethical behavior is unacceptable? Please elaborate.
- Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical conflict. What was the result?
- Describe how you would investigate and take disciplinary action if you had subordinates behaving unethically.
- When conducting business activities and making decisions, how do you include ethics into your consideration?
- Give examples of what you would categorize as proper or improper business behavior.