Manages security programs concerned with protecting an organization’s employees, properties, facilities, or physical assets. Oversees a group of security guards. Monitors security systems. Investigates security violations and prepares reports regarding future preventative action. Establishes security policies and procedures.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Implements and administers security programs that control access to the organizations facilities or assets. Manages a team of security guards that are responsible for monitoring company grounds to prevent theft, violence, or other loss of company property.
- Investigates and records accidents, theft or other losses, or allegations of illegal behavior.
- Monitors security systems. Establishes security policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison with university law enforcement personnel.
- Primarily focused on administering established policies and procedures but may have some impact on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change.
- Facilitates on-the-job training for specifics of security guard monitoring and protection responsibilities.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate specialization and 5 years of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
Leads and directs the work of other employees and has authority for personnel decisions.
- Business Ethics
- Honesty And Integrity
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Resource Management
- Security Management
- Premises Security
- Personnel Security
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.