Employment Specialist II
This position provides professional support in the entire recruitment cycle including sourcing, pre-employment screening, and onboarding procedure.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a consultant to UF hiring authorities by providing advice and guidance in developing and implementing effective recruitment and employment programs and processes that complies with federal and state laws, including Fair Labor Standard Acts, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII of Civil Rights Act.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements recruitment and employment solutions to support University’s overall along with individual hiring department’s recruitment strategies.
- Provides customer service by ensuring that recruitment requests are managed in a professional manner and ensures that recruitment announcements are consistent with university policy.
- Oversees and coordinate the pre-employment screening processing including employment verification, health assessments, and background checks.
- Analyzes recruitment requests, federal and state laws, and university regulations to ensure the University’s recruitment and employment programs are effective and consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates activities for organizational recruiting such as places job announcements, attending job fairs, performing pre-employment screenings and verifications.
- Prepares and maintains employment records in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitors the effectiveness of recruitment policies and recommends revisions or modification to meet the needs of the university.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) preferred
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Workforce Diversity Management
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- HR Trends And Direction
- Business Ethics
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.