Human Resources Generalist I
This position provides professional support and expertise in the implementation of broad range of human resources functions or programs within an organization unit. Serves as a human resources business partner to the administration, faculty, and staff of an organizational unit.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the coordination of a broad range of human resources programs such as recruitment, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Approves transactions and input changes and relevant information into the university HRIS
- Develops liaison relationship with managers, department heads, and human resource representatives of assigned area.
- Provides guidance and assistance to university personnel regarding human resources policies and procedures.
- Resolves routine issues and employee concerns such as medical claims, documentation requests, training enrollments, etc.
- Reviews federal and state laws, and university regulations to ensure the University’s human resources programs are effective and consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors the effectiveness of human resources policies and recommends revisions or modification to meet the needs of the university.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) preferred
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Human Resources Policies, Strategies And Environment
- Effective Communications
- HR Operations
- Staffing And Recruiting
- Employee Relations
- Operational Functions
- Relationship Management
- Human Resources Consulting
- Analytical Thinking
- Employee Counseling
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.