Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Identifies the primary operational functions of the organization.
Explains operational functions and key functional roles of own dept or unit.
Describes the interdependence of support functions and line operating functions.
Clarifies the role of each department and its relevance to the enterprise strategy.
Carries out responsibilities that contribute to role of own department within the organization.
Seeks guidance when assigned goals conflict with departmental goals or overall strategy.
Assesses situations based on awareness of the goals and operating issues of own department.
Works to resolve obstacles related to goals of own department.
Documents regulatory and reporting requirements.
Advises others to carry out responsibilities based on understanding of key organizational functions.
Recommends efficiencies in operational functions wherever possible.
Evaluates relevant industry practices from an operations perspective and works accordingly.
Designs awareness programs for multi- and cross-functional issues of the regulatory environment.
Facilitates interrelationships between major functions and sub-functions.
Works to resolve obstacles to goals of several organizational functions.
Consults with and advises all major functions.
Leads evaluations of organization's operating functions versus those of the industry.
Coaches others to consider all major operational functions and cross-functional issues.
Educates others in operational strategies and the support needed for them.
Monitors industry trends, key players, and major competitors; develops strategies accordingly.
Leads discussions on the evolution and impact of technology, present and future.
- What, if anything, would you do differently regarding the business operations of your last organization and why?
- Please describe a successful organization and why you think their operating procedures are successful.
- What are some requirements for a successful business operation or operating procedure?
- What types of technology are you familiar with that may provide support to the operations of this company?
- Were you involved with the operating principles of the company in your last role? Describe your involvement.