Fiscal Assistant I
Provides basic accounting or fiscal support. Responsible for routine calculations, collection, or verification of financial data and processing of account transactions. Adheres to University policy and procedures.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, proper codes, and adherence to University policies and procedures.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using electronic financial system, journals or ledgers.
- Operates 10-key calculators, computers, scanners, and copy machines to perform calculations, produce documents, or scan documents.
- Complies with federal, state, and University policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs unit account activity, such as accounts receivable and/or accounts payable functions: prepares orders, enters transactions, processes invoices or expense reports, and deposits receipts.
- Responds to inquiries regarding accounts policy and procedure as well as information related to specific accounts.
- Performs general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Assists with annual budget preparation activities, such as data entry into financial system for budget preparation and year-end closeout.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of general accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial Record Keeping
- Problem Solving
- Financial And Accounting Systems
- Oral Communications
- Operational Functions
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.