Financial Record Keeping
Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, methods, and tools for maintaining accurate and thorough records of financial transactions.
Describes the purpose and value of accurate financial record keeping.
Explains basic methods for financial record keeping.
Identifies basic financial record keeping tools.
Lists the reports used by the organization that depend on accurate financial records.
Implements organizational standards for financial record keeping.
Follows organizational methods and procedures for financial record keeping.
Uses basic tools to record accurate and timely financial data.
Supplies financial data that is used in reports.
Analyzes and documents errors or inaccuracies in financial records.
Updates or establishes standards for financial record keeping.
Creates and customizes organizational methods and procedures for financial record keeping.
Coaches others on the use of a variety of financial record keeping tools.
Creates a variety of financial reports from raw financial data.
Monitors, traces, and corrects errors in financial records.
Mentors others on the necessity of keeping accurate financial records.
Designs and ensures compliance with organizational standards for financial record keeping.
Directs the implementation of organizational methods and procedures for financial record keeping.
Designs training programs for a full range of financial record keeping tools.
Consults on the understanding of data flow from raw financial records through complex organizational reports.
Promotes the importance of accurate organization-wide financial record keeping.
Develops mechanisms for ensuring the accuracy of record keeping systems and practices.
- What types of technical or software solutions have you used to manage your organization's financial records? What impact did these solutions have on accounting "processes?"
- Tell me about a time that you had to audit your organization's financial records for compliance with a specific policy or regulation.
- How did you ensure that financial records being stored were complete and accurate?
- Tell me about the different ways you have stored financial records.
- Tell me about one of your past experiences with identifying and correcting errors in existing financial records.