Financial Analyst IV
Positions are responsible for development and direction of one or more financial, accounting or budgeting functions or may serve as the University expert in a complex subject area.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees major financial reporting and budgeting activities.
- Develops and recommends policies relating to assigned area of responsibility. Oversees the development, implementation, and interpretation of operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.
- Presents recommendations related to long-range financial and cash flow analyses.
- Formulates and administers operating budgetary needs for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Represents the department on university or state committees.
- Oversees special studies or projects.
- Performs expert level analysis and prepares reports and presentations on financial issues affecting the university.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class, special qualifications, such as possession of a State of Florida CPA certificate, may be required.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Oral Communications
- Financial Record Keeping
- Financial Reporting
- Business Math
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial Analysis
- Budget Management
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Managing Expenses And Finances
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.