Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.
Explains the basic concepts and terminology of accounting.
Lists the major responsibilities of the accounting staff.
Describes key activities of established accounting processes.
Identifies the basic tools used for maintaining accounting information.
Works with financial transactions and related documentation within the organization.
Maintains existing charts of accounts.
Participates in accounting practices of classifying and recording financial data.
Utilizes cost monitoring practices, techniques and considerations.
Follows regulations for entering and reporting the financial content in major accounting systems.
Supervises all aspects of an accounting function.
Develops an accounting system for the management of assets, liabilities and transactions.
Formulates accounting practices for general ledger, A-P, A-R and assets.
Evaluates the organization's and industry's practices on how capital assets are depreciated.
Oversees the process and data flow between accounting systems and sub-systems.
Consults on the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting process flow.
Directs an enterprise-wide accounting function.
Leads in developing an organization's accounting practices.
Creates a monitoring system to ensure organizational compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
Leads discussions on the theories and concepts underlying the organization's accounting principles.
Mentors others on choosing and implementing accounting systems.
Compares and contrasts major accounting practices used worldwide.
- Tell me about any accounting discrepancies you uncovered. What was the outcome?
- What was your role in the organization's accounting functions?
- What are some common accounting principles used in your industry or market? How did you become familiar with these concepts?
- Tell me about a time when there was an internal dispute regarding which accounting approach was most appropriate for the organization. How was this resolved?
- Explain how organizational capital assets are depreciated.