This position is responsible for performing specialized professional accounting work. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for managing one or more fiscal and/or accounting functions.
- Performs specialized work related to the administration and processing of the University’s financial resources.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Recommends, interrupts and implements finance and accounting administrative policies and procedures.
- Advises and provides assistance to faculty, staff, administrators, and outside venders and agencies.
- Researches and resolves finance and accounting related issues.
- Monitors business activities of a department or the University through maintenance and control of financial records.
- Compiles and analyzes financial data. Compiles data and generate reports of internal and external purposes.
- May provide financial projections, cost/budgetary studies or reviews. May provide recommendations that have a significant financial impact on a unit or the University.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial And Accounting Systems
- Financial Reporting
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Problem Solving
- Business Math
- Managing Expenses And Finances
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.