Financial Analyst III
Positions perform advanced financial analysis and serve as leads or supervisors for other financial professionals.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates major financial reporting and budgeting functions; formulates and recommends policies and procedures to effectively administer such functions.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.
- Coordinates the correction of account balances, resolves funding issues and maintains proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to management related to long-range financial and cash flow analyses. Prepares and analyzes statistical and financial reports, financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Prepares, develops and monitors department/organizational budgets.
- Designs, develops, and conducts special studies in budgeting and cost studies.
- Serves as liaison with other functional areas and departments.
- May maintain grant agreements, policies and guidelines; coordinate grant reporting requirements; review grant funding source compliance; and negotiate grant funding with awarding agencies
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class, special qualifications, such as possession of a State of Florida CPA certificate, may be required.
Typically supervises other financial professionals in a unit or assigned area.
- Oral Communications
- Financial Record Keeping
- Financial Reporting
- Business Math
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial Analysis
- Budget Management
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Managing Expenses And Finances
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.