Responsible for intermediate level professional financial support. Solves a variety of straightforward problems with interpretation and application of standard procedures.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for managing one or more fiscal and accounting functions* and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such programs.
- May serve as a member of a large financial team or provide fiscal management for a small unit.
- Maintains general or subsidiary account ledgers and handles a variety of funds for a department or unit.
- Investigates and analyzes billing or other accounting errors and works with appropriate departments to resolve the issues.
- Compiles data, prepares reports, and develops recommendations for policies, procedures, or control systems.
- Provides grants and contract management support.
- Works with departmental leadership in planning, coordination, and implementation of annual budget.
- May serve as unit effort coordinator for assigned accounts to include audit and oversight of effort statements, commitments, salary caps, and processing deadlines.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of experience
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Financial And Accounting Systems
- Financial Reporting
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Problem Solving
- Business Math
- Managing Expenses And Finances
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.