Business Administration Specialist III
This position works in a shared services center and provides oversight and coordination of the administrative and fiscal operations, which may include fiscal, human resources, commitment accounting or grants processes. This position facilitates advances in service delivery and efficiency.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a team leader for fiscal, human resources, and/or grants processing.
- This position functions as the primary sponsored research contact; providing support for proposal processing and post award management.
- Makes decisions on assignment of duties and the correct or preferred method of processing transactions while monitoring procedures and compliance with UF, State, and Federal regulations.
- Initiates process analysis and continuous quality improvement efforts. Monitors delivery levels and quantity/quality of service delivery.
- Analyzes operational problems and implements appropriate resolutions.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the area of assignment.
- Coordinates all aspects of proposal submission to insure thorough and timely submission to the Division of Sponsored Research.
- Responsible for providing or arranging training for staff members and liaisons.
- Performs routine and complex transactions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Operational Functions
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Quality Management
- Process Management
- Effectiveness Measurement
- Financial Record Keeping
- Knowledge Of A Specific Financial Or Accounting System
- Knowledge Of Organization
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.