Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Explains basic concepts behind measuring work effort.
Provides examples of business measurements used in own area.
Describes methods for quantifying and measuring productivity and quality.
Identifies methods used to capture and communicate measurements.
Uses assigned measurements for own function or specialization.
Establishes short-range and long-range improvement goals for own function.
Under guidance, develops action plans to achieve those goals.
Interprets and analyzes results vs. established benchmarks.
Under guidance, reports measurement results in actionable form to management.
Defines, captures and monitors metrics for multiple functions.
Supervises others in their use of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools.
Evaluates improvement efforts in quality and productivity.
Uses recognized industry benchmarks.
Monitors planned improvement efforts in quality and productivity.
Uses measurements to drive improvement in a number of different ways.
Explains key considerations for matching performance measures with business strategies.
Develops effective mechanisms for reviewing measurements and assessing progress.
Monitors marketplace for quantitative and statistical measurement practices and tools.
Creates a climate in which measurement of effectiveness is a standard practice.
Consults to business executives on quantifying effectiveness of functions and activities.
Coaches others on the theory and practice of micro and macro metrics.
- What types of tools did your competitors use for quality/quantity measurement? If different from your own, how did you make meaningful competitive comparisons?
- Tell me about a time that a measurement prompted you to implement process or policy changes. What improvements were seen?
- What tools did your organization use to measure the quality or quantity of work? How were these tools selected?
- How would you explain effectiveness measurement to someone who was unsure of its importance?
- Tell me how you selected an effectiveness measure. What did you consider as you made your selection?