Learning & Organizational Development Specialist III
This position oversees the development and implementation of solutions for academic programs, departments, or similar units. Provides oversight and leadership of a learning or training program including establishment of program goals and future direction. This position is responsible for the design, development, and facilitation of leadership and management development programs. Working with members of the university community, this position assesses the leadership related training needs of the target audience, serves as a training liaison between subject matter experts (SMEs) and technical experts to identify training delivery needs and develop appropriate training to address the needs of the target audience. This position also serves as an internal organizational development consultant for departments and leaders across campus—including strategic planning, change management, organizational assessments, and retreat facilitation. Leads large projects by managing cross functional teams to develop OD interventions, programs, or courses.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees the development and implementation of solutions for academic programs, departments, or similar units. Provides oversight and leadership of a learning or training program including establishment of program goals and future direction.
- Responsible for supporting a specific unit or training program to include the achievement of program goals and deliverables.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops appropriate classroom and technology-based training to meet organization and individual needs.
- Provides project leadership for large projects by establishing goals and monitoring progress to ensure successful completion. Provides advice and guidance for comprehensive learning and training programs including course/project scope, time line, materials, and course evaluation.
- Interviews subject matter experts or conducts other research to develop instructional content.
- Provides analytical support for the design and development of training curricula, learning strategies, educational policies, or courseware standards.
- Develops and designs learning aids including, but not limited to, instructional guides and web simulations to assist in the transfer of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training materials to ensure objectives are accomplished.
- Presents and facilitates workshops on an ongoing basis to help faculty and staff maximize leadership qualities and cultivate new strengths. Participates and facilities that the university’s formal leadership programs.
- Takes a lead role in meeting with OD stakeholders to determine needs and outcomes and design appropriate OD interventions.
- Participates and facilitates in organization development initiatives including change management, strategic planning, and assessments.
- Involved in broad-scale (university-wide or multi-unit) OD initiatives such as change management or strategic planning.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Effectiveness Measurement
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Effective Presentations
- Training And Development
- Training Programs Management
- Training Vendor Evaluation And Selection
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Solution Recommendation
- Training Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.